Sony a9 Firmware v4.0 Release Notes
- New features have been added to the Image transfer function via FTP
- You can record and play back still images even during transfer operations
- The following FTP transfer functions have been added:
- You can narrow down the transfer target, such as protected images or non-transferred images, and transfer the applicable images together as a batch
- You can transfer a played back picture by pressing an assigned custom key
- You can automatically transfer images while recording
- You can select the transfer target file formats when transferring images recorded in RAW+JPEG format to an FTP server
- New functions have been added to the destination folder configuration:
- Up to nine FTP servers can be registered
- New options to configure the destination folder on the FTP server in a more flexible way:
- Images can be transferred to a specific folder.
- A destination folder can be assigned to each card slot.
- The folder configuration can be set to match the memory card inserted into the camera.
- Improves the overall stability of the camera
[Note 1] * When updating to this version, the FTP transfer feature and Wired LAN settings are initialised. You will have to configure the two items again. The names of FTP server 1, FTP server 2, and FTP server 3 will be kept, but other items will be initialised. If you have set Wired LAN Setting to Manual, each of the manually configured settings will be initialised and the Wired LAN Setting will reset to Auto.
[Note 2] * When the camera is updated from Ver. 3.00 to this version, the registered settings for Fn (function) menu may not be kept. In that event, please customise the menu to your preferred settings again. Setting: [MENU]-[Camera Settings2]-[Function Menu Set.]
The Sony a9 camera update is available to download now on the Sony support website.
Nikon Z 7 Firmware v1.02 Release Notes
- Fixed an issue that caused the display to flicker if pictures were scrolled during playback zoom after the user had taken pictures using the viewfinder with Prioritize viewfinder selected for monitor mode and then removed his or her eye from the viewfinder before starting playback.
- Fixed an issue that caused Capture NX-D or ViewNX-i to crash when displaying NEF (RAW) pictures taken with the following options selected for HDR (high dynamic range) in the PHOTO SHOOTING MENU:
- HDR mode: On (series) or On (single photo)
- Save individual images (NEF): On
- Fixed an issue that allowed the camera to exceed the value chosen for ISO sensitivity settings > Maximum sensitivity in the MOVIE SHOOTING MENU if it was from ISO 200 to 20,000 and On was selected for MOVIE SHOOTING MENU > Electronic VR.
- Updated some help displays.
The Nikon Z 7 camera update is available now on the Nikon Download Center website.